We are very excited to be part of the “A Read for the Road” giveaway promotion a part of the release of Stranger than Fanfiction by Chris Colfer. Thanks to Little, Brown & Co for sponsoring this giveaway.
About Stranger Than Fanfiction
Author: Chris Colfer
From #1 New York Times bestselling author Chris Colfer comes a funny, heartbreaking, unforgettable novel about friendship and fame.
Cash Carter is the young, world famous lead actor of the hit television show Wiz Kids. When four fans jokingly invite him on a cross-country road trip, they are shocked that he actually takes them up on it. Chased by paparazzi and hounded by reporters, this unlikely crew takes off on a journey of a lifetime – but along the way they discover that the star they love has deep secrets he’s been keeping. What they come to learn about the life of the mysterious person they thought they knew will teach them about the power of empathy and the unbreakable bond of true friendship.
About Chris Colfer:
Chris Colfer is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and Golden Globe-winning actor. He was honored as a member of the TIME 100, Time magazine’s annual list of the one hundred most influential people in the world, and his books include Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal, Stranger Than Fanfiction, and the books in The Land of Stories series: The Wishing Spell, The Enchantress Returns, A Grimm Warning, Beyond the Kingdoms, and An Author’s Odyssey, and the companion books A Treasury of Classic Fairy Tales, The Mother Goose Diaries, Queen Red Riding Hood’s Guide to Royalty, The Curvy Tree, and Trollbella Throws a Party.
Since this is a YA Road Trip Book, we thought it’d be fun to talk about some fun vacation spots that you can visit through reading a book (since we can’t always go there).
Let’s go back in History
- Go back to Tzarist Russia where the politics of the Faerie courts mixes with the court intrigue of the Imperial Family. – The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges
- Head to Brittany before it became part of France and explore with some Assasin Nuns. – Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
- See what it’s like in other people’s houses in 1970’s Alaska. – The Smell of Other People’s Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock
- Who wouldn’t want to be in the middle of court intrigue in Tudor England? – My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
- Go on a “road trip” from Cuba to Nebraska as Cuba goes through the Communist Revolution. – The Red Umbrella by Christina Diaz Gonzalez
- See Ghandi talk when you head to post WWI Inda. – Small Acts of Amazing Courage by Gloria Whelan
Let’s go to someplace out of this world
- Let’s go to Coldtown where you can find a good time, but you may also be turning into a vampire. – Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
- How about a road trip to Romania to become a Vampire princess? – Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
Real Life Road Trip
- Take your shot at being the next big thing at an NYC performing arts school. – Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg
- Go to a deserted island and see what it’s really like to survive. – Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
- Go on a road trip through Europe with a royal and get lost. – Royally Lost by Angie Stanton
- Head to a movie set in Hawaii then to the LA movie scene. – Famous in Love Series by Rebecca Serle
- Visit Indonesia in all of it’s natural and tragic beauty. – Sea by Heidi R. Kling
- Go to England and beyond while you fight the “unholy” in the name of the Knight’s Templar. – Devil’s Kiss by Sarwat Chadda
What road trip to do you want to go on? What are you favorite road trips to go on through the page? Leave a comment down below and let us know!
Thanks to Little Brown Co. we have a Stranger than Fanfiction prize pack to giveaway! It includes a copy of the book and a few other goodies (pictured below). This giveaway is open to US residents only, use the rafflecopter widget below to enter, and all of or other standard rules apply.