Hey all, we’re encouraging you all to pick up something new in May! The 12 by 12 is a fun thing to encourage people to pick up and finish at least 1 new novel in each month. If you normally read non-fiction – try a novel. If you normally read just YA try MG or Adult fiction or a Sci-Fi or a Mystery. Try something new and fun, or just grab that 2nd book that you were hemming and hawing about if you should our shouldn’t GRAB IT!
Where it came from:
Participants can join in one, two, or all twelve of these separate reading challenges. Each month starts a brand new reading challenge. And the goal? To simply read more novels. Each of us will follow the guidelines set for January’s NaJuReMoNoMo.
The rules are whatever you want to make of them, but here are the guidelines the creator of NaJuReMoNoMo goes by:
1. Must Be A Novel. Works of fiction only, please. Memoirs, non-fiction, how-to books, and Garfield collections don’t count.
2. Memoirs Aren’t Novels. No matter how made up the story, anything ostensibly true isn’t a novel. Also known as The James Frey Rule.
3. Start and Finish a new novel in May
4. Re-reading Doesn’t Count. Try something new. Read something by your favorite author or try an entirely new author or tackle that novel you have always wanted to read.
5. Have Fun. Nobody is grading you or paying you or judging you. Read what you like and like what you read.
The Other bloggers hosting this event through the rest of the year:
If you part to participate, let us know what you read in May! We’ll pick one lucky winner out of the comments left on this post to win a fun “readers” prize pack that will include book swag! If your a blogger and want to create a post, feel free! You can sang the button and if you would, link back to this post. For non-bloggers, just leave us some love here in the comments with the fun novels you read in May!
Contest ends May 31st at 11:59 pm (IL/TX time) and all our standard contest rules apply
The swag pack will include signed Maggie Stiefvater Linger/Shiver bookmarks & signed Julie Kagawa napkin art that is interpreting Maggie’s Linger Trailer (long story lol, yeah, I got emotional over the trailer and all I could say was that it has a tree and cranes so they made fun of me and I got art!)